An English HillClimb rebuild.

• As some may have seen it is out with the old lightweight Kevlar Sparco seat. i got it to go in the Cox in 96 out of Ferrari for 40 quid.he foam back and seat were gone and the red fabric was failing the fact i could no longer get my arse in it had nothing to do with it.

so one 6 hour trip later. many seats sat in one decided on.

this brings about a problem. the cage was basically built about my driving position in that old seat.

time to make changes for a wider and taller seat.

need to get it roughed out first.

• ok now to find a friend who can bend up some brackets for me. and i still need to patch the floor where the old seat mounts were welded in.

was a bit dark when i finished.

• those funny plastic elbows are now fitted

just touch on full lock so will have a small trim when the adhesive is dry.

• well today.

I have flushed out the engine with some Motul rad flush
    https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/a…r-cleaner-300-ml/10037698

while i was running the engine for the required 30mins i noticed some fuel coming from the Filter king breather.
    seen here to the right of the IDA

well i decided to have a look at the diaphragm. Ok this was originally fitted to an earlier car circa 1995 before unleaded fuel was the norm and ethanol was not added to the fuel.

so please if you have similar items in your fuel line please check them.

• wanted a new expansion tank for the coolant as the old MK1 Metro one has seen better days.

so after lots of googling and trying to see what size and configuration many were it took a change on a MINI one.

almost looks like like it was made for it. this is not attached to anything.

so made up a bottom bracket

and this is the top part drying
    as i dont weld Alu. this it steel

• Hey Nick,
    great project and so thanks a lot for sharing it!
    Looks like you are almost ready for a test run? Eichenbühl Hillclimb 8/9th Sep is just around the corner. :cool:

I like that thermostat housing/addtl engine mount. Any info on it?

• Hey Nick,
    great project and so thanks a lot for sharing it!
    Looks like you are almost ready for a test run? Eichenbühl Hillclimb 8/9th Sep is just around the corner. :cool:

I like that thermostat housing/addtl engine mount. Any info on it?

it is from DSN there a few different verions
    http://www.dsnclassics.co.uk/r…ort-shop/engine-steadies/

unfortunately for the German regs i must have a Catalytic converter which means a new exhaust system. not that the Cat. will do anything other than change the standing wave pattern in the system. so it will not be out yet as i still have work to do and money to spend.
    but as per normal it will be at

if anyone wants to chat.

• Your garage looks like mine - MINI, Tools an so on just "press fit". ;)

I think my car isn't ready for Seidenbuch.

Regards from Gonsenheim

René

• today has been fun.
    needed to get to the back of the engine.

now this is why i like the DSN stabiliser.
    one bolt and i have access

need to modify some wrenches to finish of the tightening the bolts.

• Cool, but these steadies won't fit LHD cars, will they? At least according to their website.

true, sure they will come up with something. cant see it being too complex. must have a look at a few LHD cars for ideas.

• well it has been a while and i have seen a few of you between.
    just before going to the AMDA i was looking at a picture i took when the engine was out.

as the carb was off i had a feel. opps they were loose so made a mini tool to get in there

all back together for the AMDA meet

• Ok German regulations require the car to have a cat fitted.

so new exhaust time.

and a cat

unfortunately the Manifold will not fit as i have a strange thing on the back of the block.

fitted

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!