An English HillClimb rebuild.

• so more stripping down and cleaning

cleaned up the alloy fly wheel and steel back plate along with the old grey spring and "standard" friction plate.

spare center if needed

• ok the engine situation is in limbo as i have found a nice ***** in between two of the valves so if anyone knows someone who can fix this please let me know

so lets make a jig to get the steering wheel in about the right place.

now making up supports to be welded in place.

• Hi Nick,
    maybe something like this is helpful?
    https://www.reichle.de/dienstl…-mittels-laserschweissen/
    Looking for laser welding company?!

gruss andy
    ------------------------------------------------
    Mini, you only get what you make of it!!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Erfahrung lässt sich nicht "downloaden"!!!!!!!

"Der Gebildete treibt die Genauigkeit nicht weiter, als es der Natur der Sache entspricht" Aristoteles

• In Hechtsheim the is a weldingschool, well known in some article in "Oldtimerpraxis". The chiefs do some work for customers too.

René

• thanks to both. lets see what happens,
    Rene any more info?

this afternoons job

will finish off the welding when it is off the trailer

• Personally I wouldn't like to sit in a shoe box doing 100mph while two extreme rigid barrels are pointing at my chest.

• I look around and around in the "www", but I couldn't find it.

It was a public school for "Auszubildende im Metallhandwerk", I booked a day there learning welding about ten years ago. You lnow where "Jaguar" in Hechtsheim is? When I remember right, it was one street later, entering the Industriepark to Jaguar, if you see it turm right untill the next crossing. Turn left, it's than on the right side.

Ask there if they do something welding, in the past they do it. But think about "Corona", it's a public buisiness, may be they're closed.

René

• visited Britec Motorsport today and the head will live again. they can also do all the machining i need so time to get some parts delived.

• Personally I wouldn't like to sit in a shoe box doing 100mph while two extreme rigid barrels are pointing at my chest.

much safer than the standard car. dont forget i am strapped in and will not be moving. while the standard car has a long shaft firmly connected to the rack pointing straight at your chest.

but thanks for your concern.

• Finish till Miniholiker? Think this will be the first Meeting after Corona.. :D

• box together just waiting on a few bits to finish it off.

the pinion support housing points to note.

the bottom right mounting to the support has a different thread than the original so needs a replacement stud/bolt original casting was UNC and the support is UNF

also will not work with a lower steady.

also bought some more spanners

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!