An English HillClimb rebuild.

• my welcome thread
    http://www.mini-forum.de/showt…st-thought-I-would-say-Hi

my build thread on the UK Mini Forum
    http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/…to-drag-the-race-car-out/

so some history. been around Minis for a long time done all the typical UK mods IE big engines etc as the UK MOT is nothing like the TUV (sorry on a Swedish keyboard)

a few cars that i have built for my self.

and the current one on its first outing.

i am also responsible for this.

here it is setting a class record that it held for about 12 years.
    [video]

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/media]

So i then moved to Sweden and took the Mini with me and did nothing to it.

i then came to Germany in 2012 and brought the Mini with me. Last year i found a place where i can do some work on it.

I am rebuilding it to UK specs as i plan to race it back there as i have some scores to settle. I do plan on doing some Bergrennen here but more for fun.

• so lets start the rebuild.
    Sorry for the English but my German is very very bad.

Living in Mainz and hoping to get out in the race car later this year or next. Been playing with Minis since 1986.

Some pics.

And the first start since 2001 click to play.

• new project rebuild the trailer.

as i need to get the car to the weekend at Seidenbuch.

• Thanks. Will be there but I don't think I will be running the car. Oil pipe problems. But we will see.

At least I will be able to get it there.

• Some templates

And then I had a delivery.

And some arches

Need a new front end. That I will need to collect from the UK in a few months.
    :wink:

• Some new parts for the suspension

These are used to drop the position of the lower ball joint to add some more camber in bump and roll.

• As pictures are better than words

They are 1 1/2" the same as the ball joints but a 38mm spanner will fit.

I ended up getting them from MondoMotor sport. But they are re doing their website so had to contact via face book if you have problems send me q message and I can provide an email address.

But it is Leigh that is now in charge as his father has retired.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!