Beiträge von _666_

ok! so things are almost complete,

car is finished basically, went and took it to the wheel aligner today, still needs to get the rears adjusted properly though, needs a steering column shroud modified (my dremel shit itself), a bezel for the speedo cluster and some carpets made up

the TAC (transport authority Commitee Representative) comes to inspect it on thursday, and hopefully by then i have my engineers report finished and then i can get it registered on friday or monday

here are the pics you have all been waiting for :)

been working on the dash a bit as of late, finished cutting all the holes and painting it,

sourced a new thermostat and installed that, and spent most of the after noon today wiring up the rockers switches, and what an experience that was, its taken awhile.

tomorrow, i will finish off the switched, wire up the stereo, and possibly attempt to wire up the hazard lights,
    then ill test my fuel pump which has been causing me issues,

i will also check that there's no wiring issues, as i believe the fuel pump might not be wired correctly.

heres a pic of the dash the other day before i started putting it in the car :)

More Progress today,

Tested the Thermo fan and washer bottle, all working. still need to finish the connectors for them though.

after i filled the radiator the other day it was leaking out of a heater fitting at the back of the engine (Doh !) so today i bought a plug and tried again, only to find i had forgotten to tighten the intake manifold, these silly engines use a blanking plate on the intake manifold to block part of the cooling galleys in the block, so because it was loose it leaked into the 1st cylinder and down the block onto the floor.
    after emptying the cylinder and spending a C#$%t of a time doing the intake headers up it doesn't leak at the moment (final check to be done once the petrol tank is full again)

also install the side mirrors, had to make some spacers for them, i chopped some shock absorber rubber spacers in half which worked a treat,

next i emptied the fuel tank and partially removed it to get access to the panel above to start marking and drilling ( ;() the body for the roll bar that MVR says i need to install (for the seat belt regulations)

and last but not least i started the engine and also took a short video for everyone here, keep in mind that it is only running with about 3 foot of headers, and i believe the alternator bearing is on its way out so its a little loud

https://www.facebook.com/photo…27846&l=72520027096039701

so spent the day with a friend and sorted out the Shift, modified it to fit the Moke gear stick bracket and shortened it to fit the moke gear stick hole,

also made a bracket to hold the radiator unfortunately i didn't take a pic of it yet..

also MVR insisted that i fit a roll bar.. so heres a snap with the rollbar (it is yet to be polished)

tomorrow ill finish making brackets to hold the sirion cluster in my dash, and cutting the holes for the stereo and cup holders, then ill bolt the dash in for its final fitting before going to get painted

also on the agenda for tomorrow is some other small stuff but with some luck ill have it derivable to go get the exhaust done :)

i haven't posted for a little while, the moke has been at the auto electricians for a week or so (admittedly sitting there not getting worked on much :/) but should hopefully be finished within 2 weeks then ill bring it home for the final touches,

heres some pics part way through the process of doing the wiring and electrics

Nick

it was nice and sunny today so i rolled the moke out (yes it rolls :D , although some bastard left it in gear :x ), gave it its first quick clean and took some pics for you all, it really give me inspiration to work on it when you pass a small milestone like on stands to rolling, feels like its getting somewhere

a

time for an update, spent a a good half a day on the moke today, installing everything from the wheel to the gearbox, hubs, flanges, rotors, shockers etc

now to start bolting things in the engine bay on getting ready to get it towed to the auto elec in january

so after alot of sanding ive finished the slimline dash,

im a little unhappy with the way the glue set on it (looks a little messy) but hopefully ill make up some sort of bezel for the dash so it will hide it :)

i also have some plans in the mix to make a custom dash for my moke so stay tuned for that..

work on the moke has been a bit slow while i wait for the loom to arrive,

the harmonic balancer arrived though so i can get started on the engine at some stage

but today my attention was on the daihatsu gauges,

the stock gauges stuck out too far for what i need, so my idea is to get a peice of perspex and modify the guages so they are more flat,

i seperated the facia and the bezel from the gauge

then started to trim down the black bezel

then i trimmed a piece of cardboard to get a rough idea of the size i need to cut the perspex
    then i cut the perspex and at the moment im in the process of sanding it down to fit nice and snug within the edges of the bezel

@666: I think you can write in english.

It's better than the translated english from google :D

yeah i had a feeling it was bad haha

nur ein kurzes Update,

Warten auf einen Kabelbaum aus Vinwire so i beginnen können Spleißen sie zusammen,

warten auch auf eine harmonische Balancer von Adelaide ankommen wie meins war nicht gut

bis ich diese erhalten theres nicht viel passiert,

Allerdings habe ich einige Goodies erhalten heute,

habe meine neue Tankgeber

und auch meine Räder 13x7 mamba