An English HillClimb rebuild.

• in the meantime some work on some collected parts.

transfer-house breather opened up and threads cut.

setting up the steering parts

sorting the rear silencer

with new welder setup for stainless welding.

very good welder. makes it easy.

• Ok so the rear end is back together

had an issue as to how to sort out the ARB to the arms as the ARB was too wide of the mounting point on the pins was too narrow.
    after thinking it around a few times it will be sorted with 2 extra 1/2 male rose joints and some MountainBike shock reducers.

the other two are currently on the end of the steering rack but they will sit alongside the shock with a small spacer between.

• well not been able to do much as i have been off work with Bronchitis but back at work on Monday so i thought i would put some stuff together as i was bored.
    might look at the front-end over the weekend.

• right. slight change of plan.

as i have spent the cash on a dog gear set i no longer really need a pre filter. but there was a problem with the bits i wanted. i wanted to fit a oil temp gauge but i also wanted AN8 hose and fitting not AN6 so a chat with DSN lead to a chat to SC with resulted in this delivery. the other bits well my self made welded up rear mounts might be past it now.

the front mounts. why not-

• well the engine is out so now the fun starts.

the fun being this. back in 95 after fitting the flywheel i noticed there were no threads on the holes for pulling it off.

• Ok made a move on a bit more get that nut off

then check the MED support will fit without any modification
    placed in place without gasket

stripped ready for machining and cleaning

oh and these blind bearing pullers. they work but i would not want to be using them often as they are not great and need some modification.

• Ok the gearbox came back from washing.
    But still had old paint on it and other stuff.

i also had more machining work to do.
    need to decide what to do here

also needed to put a thread insert in here

back to the washer on monday.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!